We have the help and experience your startup needs.
We’ve Got the Resources You Need to Succeed
Startups need help. Luminate delivers the right environment, advice, mentoring, and funding to build a great business.
Luminate allowed me to do something more for my business that I couldn’t do myself.Jason Babcock
Luminate is the only international startup accelerator focused solely on next-generation optics, photonics, and imaging (OPI). We bring together visionary entrepreneurs from around the globe, OPI pioneers, and qualified investors to speed innovation and time to market.
Unlike other accelerators, Luminate’s immersive experience goes beyond preparing for the pitch. We work to improve your opportunities for success by providing all the resources you need:
• Exposure to the Global OPI Network – We’ll help you connect with OPI influencers from across the global OPI ecosystem to build awareness for your company, access build materials, and gain valuable insight.
• Mentors Matched to Your Needs – Our board of advisors and team are a “who’s who” of the OPI industry. We’ll pair you with mentors proven in your area who can help set your pace for development, within the program itself and in scaling your business.
• Customized, Structured Curriculum – Our curriculum is delivered over six months, giving you time to transfer knowledge into actionable business plans while you’re working on your prototype. You can also recommend education topics, ensuring the program covers what is imperative and relevant to your business.
• Growth through Collaboration – Each cohort consists of only 10 companies, making the environment close-knit and highly collaborative. Participants learn from each other through sharing their experiences.
• Superior Financial Support – Companies selected to participate in Luminate receive a $100k convertible note investment at the beginning of the program; at Demo Day in June, one company will receive $1M in follow-on funding, with an additional $1M available to other finalists.
Who Should Apply?
Ready to accelerate your startup with Luminate? Here’s what we’re looking for.
• Companies that have already proven their technologies at least at lab scale.
• Companies must be incorporated, and have a team of at least two members committed full time.
• C-level team members able to locate in Rochester, NY, for 6 months to participate.
Key Program Dates:
- September 24 – Application closes
- October – Applications reviewed and 20 semi-finalists selected
- November – Lightning Round – 20 teams pitch in Rochester, NY, where 10 teams are selected for a $100K investment each, and accepted into the 2019 Luminate program
- January –10 teams begin the accelerator program at Luminate incubation space
- June – Demo Day and the awarding of $2 million in follow-on funding, with possible additional investments from corporate and venture partners