Your name could be next on this $1,000,000 check.
Financial Support for your Startup
Capital is necessary for early-stage companies to further develop their technologies. That’s why Luminate offers companies selected to participate in its business accelerator program a $100k convertible note investment upon enrollment, a chance to win up to $1M in follow-on funding, and access to investors.
Since joining Luminate, we have raised over $5M in new funding. The program has been instrumental in our growth.
Why accelerate with Luminate?
Luminate is the only international startup accelerator focused solely on next-generation optics, photonics, and imaging (OPI). We bring together visionary entrepreneurs from around the globe, OPI pioneers, and qualified investors to speed innovation and time to market.
Unlike other accelerators, Luminate’s immersive experience goes beyond preparing for the pitch. We work to improve your opportunities for success by providing all the resources you need:
• Exposure to the Global OPI Network – We’ll help you connect with OPI influencers from across the global OPI ecosystem to build awareness for your company, access build materials, and gain valuable insight.
• Mentors Matched to Your Needs – Our board of advisors and team are a “who’s who” of the OPI industry. We’ll pair you with mentors proven in your area who can help set your pace for development, within the program itself and in scaling your business.
• Customized, Structured Curriculum – Our curriculum is delivered over six months, giving you time to transfer knowledge into actionable business plans while you’re working on your prototype. You can also recommend education topics, ensuring the program covers what is imperative and relevant to your business.
• Growth through Collaboration – Each cohort consists of only 10 companies, making the environment close-knit and highly collaborative. Participants learn from each other through sharing their experiences.
Who Should Apply?
Ready to accelerate your startup with Luminate? Here’s what we’re looking for.
• Companies that have already proven their technologies at least at lab scale.
• Companies must be incorporated, and have a team of at least two members committed full time.
• C-level team members able to locate in Rochester, NY, for 6 months to participate.
Key Program Dates:
- September 24 – Application closes
- October – Applications reviewed and 20 semi-finalists selected
- November – Lightning Round – 20 teams pitch in Rochester, NY, for a place in Cohort 2. Travel expenses will be covered. Ten teams are selected for a $100K investment each, and accepted into the 2019 Luminate program
- January –10 teams begin the accelerator program at Luminate incubation space in Rochester, NY.
- June – Demo Day and the awarding of a total of $2 million in follow-on funding, with possible additional investments from corporate and venture partners