Oculi took home $1M at Luminate Finals 2023. You could be next!
Applications are currently open for round 7 of Luminate. Apply by Monday, January 8, 2024.
Luminate is a world renowned accelerator that invests $3 million every year into promising startups. If you are working to solve industry challenges with technology that uses optics, photonics, or imaging components, Luminate can help you scale.
As a member of Luminate, you get:
- $100,000 upon acceptance, and a chance to receive $1 million in follow-on funding at the end of the six-month program
- Opportunities to pitch to 30+ investors, including Samsung, Sony, Corning, J&J, and Launchpad Ventures Boston
- Mentorship from our world-class advisory board
- Access to PitchBook, Zemax OpticStudio, and MATLAB
- Access to the New York Photonics Cluster and its 150+ OPI companies
- Connections to skilled talent, optical assembly and manufacturing facilities, state and federal research facilities, and other resources to grow your business
- Weekly instruction on business topics from sales and marketing to IP protection and finance
Luminate exposed us to the benefits of setting up shop in New York, on top of helping us recruit very specific optics and photonics engineering talent, find local companies that could produce our unique cameras, and refine our business operations across the board. I can’t imagine a better accelerator program.
Paul Drysch, CEO, PreAct Technologies,
2021 Company of the Year, $1M Investment Recipient
To qualify for Luminate’s cohort-based program:
- Your company must be incorporated.
- You must have proven your optics, photonics, or imaging enabled technology at least at the lab scale.
- You must have a team of at least two members working on the business full-time.
- You must have C-level team members able to locate in Rochester or participate in the hybrid-remote* program for 6 months.
*Cohort members are expected to participate in-person one week per month for meetings in Rochester, NY and/or investor pitches. (Prior cohorts have pitched in NYC, Boston, San Francisco, etc.) We understand COVID may impact travel, and we will remain adaptive.