Cohort 5 Announcement Coming Soon
Applications are currently closed.
Sign up for The Lens, Luminate’s monthly newsletter, to stay up to date on application periods and other opportunities.
WHAT YOU GET
- $100,000 upon acceptance, and a chance to receive $1 million in follow-on funding at the end of the six-month program.
- Opportunities to pitch to 30+ investors within and beyond our region, including Samsung, Sony, Corning, J&J, and Launchpad Ventures Boston.
- Mentorship from our world-class advisory board, the who’s who of optics.
- Access to PitchBook, Zemax OpticStudio, and MATLAB.
- Access to the New York State Photonics Cluster and its 150+ OPI companies.
- Connections to skilled talent, optical assembly and manufacturing facilities, state and federal research facilities, and other resources to grow your business.
- Weekly instruction on business topics from sales and marketing to IP protection and finance.
To qualify for Luminate’s cohort-based program:
- Your company must be incorporated.
- You must have proven your optics, photonics, or imaging enabled technology at least at the lab scale.
- You must have a team of at least two members working on the business full-time.
- You must have C-level team members able to locate in Rochester or participate in the hybrid-remote* program for 6 months.
*Cohort members are expected to participate in-person one week per month for meetings in Rochester, NY and/or investor pitches. (Prior cohorts have pitched in NYC, Boston, San Francisco, etc.) We understand COVID may impact travel, and we will remain adaptive.