World’s largest startup accelerator for optics, imaging,
and photonics enabled applications
What is Luminate?
Luminate is a new startup accelerator focused on advancing next generation optics, photonics, and imaging enabled companies. We seek visionary entrepreneurs who are solving difficult problems in augmented and virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, machine vision, biophotonics, and other fields. Funded by New York State, and based in the optics and imaging capital of the world – Rochester, NY.
Value Proposition for Participants:
- Integration into the Photonics Eco-system: Rochester, NY is a photonics hub and home to over 150 optics companies integral to the supply chain of the photonics industry.
- Powerful Global Advisor and Mentor Network: The Luminate advisory board and industry partners are comprised of industry, business, and technical leaders.
- Comprehensive Go to Market: Participants in Luminate will receive assistance across the market launch process.
- Financial Support: Each awarded participant will receive $100K to begin the 6-month program that culminates in Demo Day, where one team will receive $1M out of the $2M in total funding being awarded that day.
- Sept 25, 2017 – Application deadline
- November 2017 semi-finalists interviewed in Rochester, NY. Ten finalists selected
- January 2018 – accepted teams begin accelerator program, each receiving $100,000 convertible notes, free incubator space, and top-tier mentors
- June 2018 – Demo Day, where an additional $2M will be invested in the most promising teams, with additional corporate and venture partner opportunities.
How To Apply:
APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED